Tuesday, March 9, 2010






This will be a quick post but I wanted to put up a few pictures from my homestay weekend in Ocean View. The first is my homestay sister and I with the local market's camel. The next is my room (it was a really nice home), and finally my homestay parents. I had a great time staying with them and getting to know more about their community. Ocean View is a product of Apartheid- my family was forced from their home in nearby Simon's Town and relocated to Ocean View when Simon's Town was designated a white area. I am really grateful for having the opportunity to hear a first hand account of apartheid- it's something I didn't really have a tangible understanding of until this past weekend.

OK, well I have a plant test I should be studying for so I'm going to hit the books now.

No comments:

Post a Comment